- Ayurveda recommends cooked lauki or bottle gourd for better digestion. It is cooling, calming, diuretic and anti-bilious (reduces bile and stops indigestion). The B vitamins assist in increasing the body’s metabolic rate to better digest fats, proteins, sugar and carbohydrate.
- Like cranberries, bottle gourd or lauki supports the kidneys and the urinary system of our body by reducing burning sensation from high acidic urination. It also reduces the chances of urinary infection because it is alkalizing and has a diuretic effect. Consume if you have high creatine and uric acid.
- A nutritious vegetable for the female reproductive system.
- It is extremely popular for weight loss. Especially the bottle gourd or lauki juice when taken at noon.
- Bottle gourd is extremely popular for reducing high blood pressure and bad cholesterol in some people. However when taking cardiac medications or when the cardiac condition is severe do NOT take lauki as it can create more pressure on the cardiac muscles.
- Lauki or bottle gourd is known to combat excessive thirst in diabetic patients. However do not take if lauki is too bitter or with other bitter herbs.
- The fiber and the minerals in the bottle gourd or lauki supports healthy digestion and combats flatulence (by killing intestinal parasites), constipation, colic pain and ulcer.
- In Ayurveda it is also know to prevent premature greying and improve hair growth. It will NOT change the grey hair to black but will stop more greying as it contain B vitamins and has a cooling effect on the scalp. Grate and apply with yogurt or apply cider vinegar. You can mix my Healthy Hair Mask in yogurt and add lauki in it.
- The Vitamin C and Zinc in lauki prevent pre mature aging and wrinkles as well. Lauki juice can be applied externally for skin care uses such as pimple, acne, dark circle, puffy eyes etc. .
- Bottle gourd is recommended by Ayurvedic doctors for reducing liver inflammation.
ఈ బ్లాగ్ లో పోస్ట చేయబడిన అన్నీ రకాల వంటలు, టిప్స్ సలహాలు కేవలం ఎడ్యుకేషన్ పర్పస్ కొసమే వాటిని ఉపయోగించే ముందు వాటికి సంబందించిన వారి మరియు డాక్టర్ సలహా తీసుకొని ఉపయోగించ మనవి.
Friday, 3 March 2017
Sorakaya - Anapakaya - Bottle gourd Facts, Health Benefits and its Nutritional Value
This BLOG contains only links to other sites on the Internet, which are distributed freely over the Internet and its resources. The BLOG do not host or link or upload any copyrighted material. The Blog do not responsible for the accuracy, compliance, copyright, legality, decency or any other aspect of the content of other linked sites. If anybody doubts about the legality of the blog content on this blog or feels that the content of this blog are objectionable or creating or violating any laws of copyrights, please mail to email@example.com. As soon as receipt of complaint, the same will be promptly removed immediately and the administrator of this BLOG cannot be held responsible for anything.